We (The Energy People) collect this information for the purpose of providing energy related goods and services to You (the customer). We may also provide this information to third parties (such as companies that operate gas pipes to your premises or organisations which process your bills to assist in service delivery. This information is provided to third parties on the condition that the information is kept secure and used only for the appropriate purpose). You may be entitled to access the information We hold about You.
Terms and Conditions
We have sought to give You advice on the appliance that best meets your needs. We have also sought a location for the product that is suitable to You, and which We seek to minimize the likelihood of noise levels generated by the product affecting Your neighbours.
Due to current noise regulations in the ACT & NSW, NO domestic air-conditioners sold into the market meet the current standard of 45dba day time and 35dba night time. The customer is therefore responsible for the final decision on the outdoor unit location, if for any reason this unit needs to be relocated, it will be at the customers expense.
1. This document is a non-binding order on The Energy People until accepted by You by signing the acceptance of quotation for the contract number set out overleaf.
2. This contract is conditional on The Energy People having the goods available at the quoted price within 3 months of the order date and You accepting the quotation within 30 days of the quotation. Installation of the goods is conditional on:
- The availability of natural gas mains or pipes for the supply of natural gas at the site or the availability of liquified petroleum gas (LPG) at the site; and
- the availability of electricity mains for the supply of electricity at the site.
3. When applying for finance, the contract is subject to approval of Your finance application.
4. The Energy People takes no responsibility for damage, loss of memory etc. of any electrical products (e.g. computers, stereo systems etc.) that may occur due to power disconnection due to installation.
5. The heating and cooling capacity of the unit is based upon the home having a minimum of R3.0 ceiling insulation and adequate curtains or blinds to all windows.
6. The goods and services provided under this contract do not, unless specifically stated in writing, include the following:
- Electrical disconnection or connection of any appliance/installation or alteration of power points.
- Removal of existing appliances, replacement of flue or modification of any structures to accept goods or services.
- Restoration work including but not limited to structures, interior decor, pathways, rockeries, paving, or landscaping.
- Responsibility for the size and/or condition of existing pipework and air-conditioning and central heating ductwork.
- Any necessary alterations or relocations or repair of existing services.
- Any approvals of, or ensuring compliance with requirements of, local councils or other government or statutory authorities.
- Goods or work due to hindrance by or negligent acts or omissions by the customer.
- If you are unable to provide spare roof tiles on the day of installation or tiles are broken near the ridge cap which are unable to be replaced, without disturbing the ridge cap/mortar, our installers will use silicon to repair these tiles to create a waterproof seal.
|3 months* on workmanship
|Reverse Cycle Air-conditioning appliances installation
|5 years* on workmanship (system must be serviced within first two years, by authorized refrigeration technician)
|All other appliance installation
|12 months* on workmanship
|Gas, electrical & solar appliance repairs
|3 months* on domestic, 14 days* on commercial
* Relevant manufacturer’s warranty applies to all supplied parts and appliances from the date the relevant Works are completed
7. The Energy People shall not be liable or responsible for any work done by any licensed or other fitter that leads to loss, damage or injury due to improper or defective material or workmanship in any way whatsoever, except if due to the company’s negligence.
8. The contract is subject to those rights and remedies in respect of the goods and/or services which the customer has under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Commonwealth) and similar State and Territory laws which cannot be excluded at law; and such conditions and warranties as are expressly stated herein.
9. Where the contract is signed by more than one person they shall be bound jointly and severally.
10. We may request that You pay Us a non—refundable deposit of the GST inclusive price for the goods and; or services to be provided under this contract. If We requests the payment of such a deposit, this contract is conditional on the payment by You of that deposit on the date of this contract or on or before such other date as is specified by Us. If You terminate this contract prior to the installation of the goods or otherwise fail to perform Your obligations under this contract, any such deposit may be forfeited to Us and You have no right to the deposit. Upon completion of the contract, We must apply any such deposit in a satisfying part of the GST inclusive price for the goods and services to be provided under this contract.
11. Notwithstanding that delivery has been made of any goods, title to the goods shall not pass from Us to You until such a time as full payment is received of the purchase price of the goods and the purchase price of any other goods sold pursuant to the agreement.
12. It is Your responsibility to inform Us of the presence of any asbestos material in the home before commencement of work. If any asbestos material is found it is Your responsibility to arrange for the removal of the asbestos material. Work will not commence until the asbestos material has been disposed of.
13. It is Your responsibility to obtain all necessary approvals, including planning, heritage and body corporate prior to the commencement of any works. The installation of photovoltaic grid systems, solar hot water, or any other product requiring approval will not commence until the appropriate body has given written consent to proceed.
14. These terms and conditions do not apply to the sale and installation of a solar rooftop PV system. Solar roof top PV terms and conditions confirm to CEC accreditation.
Explanation of Terms
The Energy People means Us or We;
The customer means You or Your